SketchUp is a simple yet powerful 3D modelling program.
This advanced session covers materials, i.e. the textures that are applied to the surfaces of a 3D model. Materials are a key way of adding detail and realism to a model, and keeping a model 'light' by avoiding adding unnecessary geometry.
- Principles of texturing 3D models using 2D images
- Applying and editing existing SketchUp materials
- Creating new materials from digital photographs
- Positioning materials on model faces
- Using transparency in materials
- Creating 'face me' components, e.g. people, trees
- Matching models to digital site photos
- Projecting site photography onto models