A free hands-on workshop for graduate researchers in Humanities. An opportunity for you to learn about a broad range of resources in one time-efficient session.
The 2-hour session focuses on the skills and tools that will streamline your academic work. You will encounter a variety of IT and Library tools and services to support your research. Relevant software, online services and libraries techniques are on offer for you to try out.
You will also meet with subject specialists for help and guidance on further training.
Topics are likely to include:
- Skills Toolkit and avoiding plagiarism
- GIMP image editing
- Word for your thesis
- Excel - organise & analyse data using pivot tables
- Excel - sort & filter data
- Audacity for recording audio
- Lynda.com IT video courses
- Your thesis, copyright and ORA
- Keeping up to date using email alerts or RSS feeds
- Tracking Citations – Arts and Humanities Citation Index
- Advanced searching on SOLO
- Key bibliographical tools for Archaeology and Classics; English and Modern Languages; History; Philosophy; and Theology
- Digital images
These workshops will take place in Week 1 of Hilary Term, 2019, so book your place now:
|Choose a date and book your place:|
|Research Skills Toolkit for Humanities||Read details||January 15th 2 - 4pm|
|January 16th 10am - 12|
|January 17th 10am - 12|
Or follow us on @OxResearchSkill